TYPICAL AMINO ACID PROFILE (Per 100g Protein)
|Content||PER 100 g PRODUCT||PER SERVING 30 g||*RI% (PER SERVING)|
|Energy||1657 kJ/391 kcal||497 kJ/117 kcal||6%|
Fat of which
Carbohydrates of which
|Protein||84 g||25 g||50%|
EAAs: Essential Amino Acids
|L-Isoleucine (BCAA)||6 901mg|
|L-Leucine (BCAA)||11 038mg
|L-Valine (BCAA)||6 721mg|
NAAs: Non-essential Amino Acids
|L-Asparctic Acid||10 865mg|
|L-Glutamic Acid||17 018mg|
ARE WHEY PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS SAFE?
The bottom line is that the benefits of using whey protein far outweigh the risks as long as it is taken in recommended dosages. Whey protein is a healthy way to add more protein to your diet. Most people can take whey protein supplements without suffering from adverse side effects.
What is Whey Protein?
Protein is one of the three macronutrients that the body needs to sustain in life. There are many types of protein which we will discuss further in our article. Whey protein constitutes almost 80% of the milk protein and it is one of the fast absorbing proteins.
What are the types of protein available in the market?
Whey – Due to fast absorption…
- Immediately after a workout
- When muscles are most in need of fast replenishment
- To begin the process of repairing and growing
- Between meals or when meals do not contain enough Protein
What are the different types of whey protein?
There are three types of whey protein:
- Whey Concentrate: Whey protein concentrate contains approx. 80% of protein and contains traces of fat, lactose or other compounds. Whey concentrates are more economical per gram of protein.
- Whey Isolate: As compared to whey concentrates, whey isolates contain almost 90% of protein and is fairly low in fat, sugar, and lactose. Hence, whey isolate packs more protein than concentrate. It is usually expected to include in the fitness athletes diet.
- Whey Hydrolysate: Whey Hydrolysate is isolates or concentrates which are being broken into amino acids for faster absorption and improve bioavailability. Thus, it is higher in price per gram as compared to the whey isolate and concentrates.
What is the best time to have a protein shake?
The best time to have protein shake is in the morning during your breakfast time or pre-workout to help improve your performance and post-workout i.e. within 30 minutes of your workout to help protect your muscles from breakdown.
Very good service and good quality products
Great product, quick delivery.
Last few purchases have tasted differently, recipe changes?? Only comment to reduce to 4 stars.
I’ve been using this isolate for a while now, and I’ve seen noticeable improvements just from taking it once a day. I’ve increased to two servings just to get that little more protein in and already seeing some difference. Tastes fantastic (vanilla).
I ordered the pistachio flavoured protein shake. When I opens the tub it’s smells amazing like pistachio, but once mixed with water or milk it tastes like vanilla. Still tastes good but just not pistachio haha super strange
Switched to this after the vegan powder got removed, cookies & cream and vanilla flavours both taste great, mix really well, scoops are a different size in the tubs so I had to weigh out my serving to begin with to check it, a small price to pay for a great product